After installing Webmin on a VPS, you may be wondering how to add and configure FTP users. With Webmin it is not a one-click process, but the procedure is still fairly simple. To install proftpd and add a user, follow these steps:
- Login to webmin at http://xx.xx.xx.xx:10000 (may be https:// for Debian/Ubuntu systems)
- Access the Webmin Modules option via Webmin > Webmin Configuration
- Select Standard module from www.webmin.com
- Click the button on the right of that option
- Choose: proftpd
- Click Install Module
- On the left sidebar, after installation, click Refresh Modules
- Click Create a new user accessed via System > Users and Groups
- Provide a username for what is to be your FTP account
- Select Normal Password and provide a unique, complex password for the account
- If desired, select a custom home directory, otherwise choose Create home directory near the bottom of the options.
- Select New Group with same name as user
- Click Create
Once this is done, you should be able to access FTP with the username and password you selected, using your server's IP address as the host.
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution